[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, Monday 16 Dec 2019, 6-30pm, 5 Idris Road

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Dec 16 08:52:08 GMT 2019

Hello everyone,

Couple of new faces this evening; welcome.

Good turnout with 19 attendees, and lots of huddles-of tech-talk. $24 +
change (in gold, and flat-money) collected and transferred into the
robotics loose-change jar (for later banking).

Quick reminder: equipment donations are welcome for the trading table,
but no CRT based product, printers, toner or items that are likely to be
a disposal burden. All sales from the trading table should go into the
brown box on the wall, and are directly for the benefit of our host
club, NZART Branch 05.

With thanks on behalf of the group,

Mark Atherton

============

Graham Christie brought in a broken half-shaft from a ride-on lawnmower;
the component had a most interesting mode of failure. Also, he also
discussed a possible design for a mechanical eccentricity gauge.

Paul gave a video presentation about open-source FPGA toolchains, with
specific interest in the (target) Seeed Studio Tang Primer card.

William brought in a homemade digital thermometer.

Levi gave a (white board) presentation about the Enigma machine. Well done !

Rudy talked about the upcoming electronics garage sale at Molten Media,
in Sydenham.

Towards the end of the evening, we had an amusing demo of a home-made
Pi-Bot, with smart phone control.