[chbot] MAJOR sort out of gear happening over the next month or so

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Fri Dec 13 23:37:10 GMT 2019

Probably 20% of the 'sortings' will be going to the tip, 60% will be
suitable for the spares table at the club but there are a few other things
that even after a lot of years own me!!

As an example,
Storno 5114S synth radio, converted to 2m, thumbwheel selection of
frequency, simplex channel, repeater channel or reverse repeater (uses an
EEPROM lookup-table). 25W out with microphone, 1750Hz toneburst module for
repeater access (i.e. set up for the UK with 600KHz repeater offset).

I've got 2 of these!

Another example,
Storno 5662S synth radio, converted to 70cm, thumbwheel selection of
frequency or repeater channel (UK std 1.6MHz offset, not 5MHz). 20W out
with microphone, toneburst module etc

I've got 2 of these as well.

I've not used them for 16 years but I see no reason why they shouldn't be
OK (maybe the odd electrolytic?). I'll be looking for offers on these 4
radios.

Hopefully by Monday I'll have a clearer idea of what is going (over 35
years of stuff!)

--
Robin Gilks
Internet: robin at gilks.org    http://www.gilks.org