[chbot] BT batteries

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 00:45:41 GMT 2019

I think the main usage scenario is to be able to check all your batteries
are charged without having to open the toolbox and press buttons on each
tool. It does supply some security features too (eg. ensuring your tools
didn't go walkies).

Some tools also provide BT connectivity with vacuum cleaners etc so that
the dust collection system automatically switches on when the tool draws
current, then off again when the tool is de-powered. Great for circular
saws.  I assume this might hook in to that too.

The additional cost of adding BTLE is just a few cents.

But it's only a 2Ah battery... I'd be happy if someone stole all my 2Ah
batteries...