[chbot] Chchrobotics Digest, Vol 146, Issue 22

Neil chchrobotics at rui.nz
Sun Dec 1 02:07:11 GMT 2019

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 12:00:01PM +0000, chchrobotics-request at lists.ourshack.com wrote:
> I would recommend De Walt.  It is not up there with Metabo and Bosch
> but it is a damn sight better than the rubbish like Ozito
> (Bunnings), Mako (Warehouse), and the host of cheap and nasty
> obscure brands.

I have to disagree and prefer to evaluate quality on a per-item basis.
AEG was better quality than De Walt for a cordless drill and mitre
saw.  I thought that Ozito made the best Shopvac, beating out
alternatives at ten times the price while Makita and Bosch offered the
best circular saw and plane respectively.  Machinery House in
Philipstown are worth a look too.  The only thing I own that's bright
yellow are sash clamps and they're not great, just the best of a bad
bunch.