[chbot] New SDR on the block

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 00:26:50 BST 2019

Mine came yesterday ex-Digikey.

For some unknown reason they supply them with only one core enabled. Turned
the second core on (Just a u-boot setting).

They have done a good job of Linux integration for it using buildroot (my
favourite for small embedded appliances).

SInce it is Linux based and has an OTG port, the USB can be used as either
a device (looks like a network device, serial device and a USB disk) or as
a host (plug in USB disks, network adapters etc).

This makes a very  flexible SDR platform.

Pity they did not provide a TCXO or alternative clock input, but TCXOs are
$10 or so on aliexpress.