[chbot] Email to gmail account from snap

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Thu Oct 11 23:40:58 BST 2018

Greetings all

I wonder if anyone else with a Snap account is having problems sending
emails to someone with a gmail account.

I've tried a couple of destinations and get the same authentication error.

It all worked fine last week and I don't recall any updates to exim or any
other aspects of my email system.

This is the error I get:

The following message to gb7ipd at gmail.com was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:
5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.7.1 This message does not have
authentication information or fails to pass\n5.7.1 authentication checks.
To best
protect our users from spam, the\n5.7.1 message has been blocked. Please
visit\n5.7.1  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for
more\n5.7.1 information. l1-v6si30484825plg.285 - gsmtp'

Going to the indicated URL, I get a lot of blurb about bulk emails (which
this isn't!!) so presumably snap have got themselves onto a blacklist of
some sort.

--
Robin Gilks