[chbot] Nixies - LED version

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Tue Nov 27 10:26:57 GMT 2018

Hi-ho,

You can be surprisingly vague with acrylic sheet in terms of
illuminating engraved logos etc.

I've CNC'd a few edge lit signs over the years and I quickly found it
was much easier than you'd thing to get even lighting.  With stacked
signs the trick is getting a small (0.5mm is enough gap and no dust in
the gaps as it sticks out like the proverbial dogs .... )

I've been intending to pick up some thin acrylic for some led nixes for
a while but not been into mulford plastics to check out their offcut bin
for a while. :-)

Cheers, Chris H.