[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, Monday 19 Nov 2018, 630pm, 5 Idris Road

Richard Jones richardandjanej at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:25:21 GMT 2018

The datasheet on the MOC3043M zero cross triac driver IC shows a snubber
with alternative value for inductive loads. You choose the values to
achieve critical damping if you can, just a little tricky if the load is
undefined.

My jlcpcb's arrived today, they have MOC3043M zero crossing drivers and
BTA41 triacs for mains switching with 1.5mm air gaps or >8mm pcb isolation
between traces which are re-enforced with 1mm copper wire for carrying 10A.
Sadly I will not have time to start fitting components until next Tuesday.

Richard