[chbot] Squealing UPS

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Sat May 12 06:45:17 BST 2018

Yup - the batteries have died in my UPS.

Last time this happened I changed the whole UPS (it was cheaper than
replacement batteries) so I now have 2 reasonable UPS but in need of
sealed lead acid batteries to make them work (they must have chemistry
that matches the original).

I see that I have 2 options
 * get replacement batteries of the correct size, fit them and have them
gradually boil dry as the previous ones have
 * find a pair of larger sealed batteries (24v total) and leave them
outside the case.

I'm looking for assistance in the second option unless someone can help
out with the first - the original batteries are:
 * 14AH, 100x100x150mm
 * 9AH,   65x100x150mm (more likely closer to 7AH!!)

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks