[chbot] Branch 05 Permanent Arduino

zl3ag at radioengineering.com zl3ag at radioengineering.com
Fri May 11 03:12:32 BST 2018

I was just recalling that in the past we had quite a few prospective
members come along, sometimes with parent(s) and never return.I'm
wondering if it was because the items brought along/subjects discussed
each month are rather variable.

What do people think of building a demo arduino breadboard system that
can stay at Branch 05, connected to one of the PC's there? That way when
prospects come, if they are interested someone could sit them down at
the demo system and take them through writing a script and have some
lights flash and motors spinning up. I dare say it could also find use
on the regular Tues night tech sessions they have there.

To get it started, I'll bring along a piece of white malteca (mdf) that
can be used as a base and written on in marker for labelling components,
wires etc.

If it proves effective we could do the same with an old RPi, esp32, fpga
etc.

Who's in?

Andy