[chbot] Intel: Meltdown and Spectre patches flawed

Darran darran at nzllive.com
Fri Mar 9 20:22:40 GMT 2018

 From my understanding the main group of CPUs which the patch bricked
were very old AMD's like the Athlon generation.

A lot of software/OS house originally put out patches too but they
pulled them and told users to push back on the hardware manufacturers.
e.g RedHat and VMWare.

We have been rolling out the micro-code patches to our HP Gen 8 and 9
blades. We have had two issues with blades being bricked post patch but
these are under warranty so HP replace the motherboard so it is an
inconvenience more than a cost.