[chbot] PLC/Pump

m.beckett at amuri.net m.beckett at amuri.net
Wed Jun 27 00:03:53 BST 2018

Wallace.

One other option is to use a ballcock on the fill point and fit a normal
switching pressure switch that shuts off the pump when the ballcock
closes.

A simple timer could provide power to the pump during the hours of xx
and xx.

This of course assumes it isn't a submersible pump, as you'll also need
a low pressure switch to ensure there is water flow when ON to cool the
pump.

Mark

On 2018-06-27 10:02, Marshland Engineering wrote:

> Andy, I think you had some PLCs for sale on Saturday. If you still have them,
> I may have a use for one. However if anyone else has something, off the shelf,
> that would be great.
>
> We are on a block and fill a water tank on a tower one a day. Once full,
> switch off the pump.
> Requirements are real time clock one input for pressure switch and one output
> for the 1/4 hp pump.
>
> Hoping for a plug and play solution. Exchange some cash for an unused PLC or
> similar.
>
> Thanks Wallace 3237449
> www.marshland.co.nz [1]

Links: