[chbot] Bitcoin etc.

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 21:24:13 BST 2018

Yup, bitcoin "mining" is energy intensive (because it its computationally
expensive)  and is only practical where you get cheap electricity. I doubt
it would pay in NZ unless you're already using the heat. But then you'd
probably do much better to just buy a heatpump.

As for "growing so exponentially that it will surpass that of the entire
United States by July 2019", well any exponential curve looks like that.

If we followed the exponential curve of bacteria since they kicked off many
billions of years ago, they'd weigh more than the solar system. Various
nutballs look at the exponential curves and predict the earth will get so
hot it will turn into a fireball by 2500.