[chbot] CNC Mill/Router

Darran darran at nzllive.com
Mon Feb 19 18:08:11 GMT 2018

Hi

Here is the link to the CNC Mill/Router I showed at last nights club.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNC-3018-laser-options-diy-mini-cnc-engraving-machine-Pcb-Milling-Machine-Wood-Carving-machine-cnc/32805289008.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.VCNRPG

It lists the support operating system as Windows. The software that
comes with the kit is Windows only but I am using Linux. The
communication to the CNC is using gcode over USB serial so works with
any OS.

I'm using InkScape or FreeCAD for design, PyCAM or JScut (online)
pathing software and Candle for the CNC controller.

Overall I am very happy with the kit. It was well packed and arrived in
about a week and a half. The build quality is good for the price and
most mounts etc are 3D printed.

Darran