[chbot] stm32f103 blue pill power advise?

Peter Ellens ellensp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 12:58:48 GMT 2018

Is this on topic?  I don't know....  not sure what on topic encompasses
any more!

(maybe Mark could clarify on that)

Details on the stm32f103 blue pill for those that don't know it.
https://wiki.stm32duino.com/index.php?title=Blue_Pill

I'm playing with a project that has a stm32f103 blue pill at its core.
Many of you will know this board and I'm hoping that some of you will
have more practical experience with this board than I.

What I am wanting is to be able to power the board from either USB or a
external 5v source, preferably being able to remove one or the other
supply and it keeps going, without modifications to the blue pill board
or the USB cable.

The issue is the 5v line from the USB is directly connected to the 5v
pin of the module, so you can have one or the other supply, but not
both. This problem is well known, but I have not seen a solution.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Peter E