[chbot] ESP32 modules.

Mike Field hamster at snap.net.nz
Tue Sep 26 10:10:24 BST 2017

Hi

I've just received five ESP32 modules and have two or three spare. Does
anybody want one for $10 - you can pick up from me in Durham St South.

Looks exactly like in the pictures at
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESP-32-ESP-32S-Wireless-WiFi-Bluetooth-Development-Board-2-4GHz-Micro-USB-CP2102-Dual-Core/32800542320.html

For those not familiar with these modules, they are 240 MHz dual-core
microcontrollerswith 520 KB SRAM and 4MB of flash, Integrated 802.11
b/g/n HT40 Wi-Fi transceiver, and dual mode Bluetooth.You can program
for either the ESP IDF framework (at
https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf), or play around with the Arduino
support (available at https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32). As
usual, everything works easier on Linux.The 3.3V Power usage is about
150mA with Wifi running, 50mA with the WIfi shut down, and 2.4mA when
the CPU is in deep sleep - most of which is the carrier board. as the
actual ESP32 module is 2.4uA when in deep sleep!

Mike