[chbot] Home Automation - Curtains

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 02:46:23 BST 2017

So, after two weeks the builder's line has stretched so that the pulley
slips a lot.  I will tighten it, but I'll also get some braided fishing
line as suggested and repeat the experiment.

I bought an 80rpm version of the same motor and gearbox, and a larger
diameter pulley.  I want a little faster opening and closing time, and the
larger pulley will mean more cord is in contact with it, so maybe less
slippage.  I might buy and test the 130rpm motor too.

I also bought a power-supply module for the Wemos D1 Mini Pro.  It has a
barrel connector for a 7-24Vdc supply, and two rows of header pins to
piggy-back on to the D1 Mini board and power it.

Best wishes,

Andrew