[chbot] HC-05 and HC-06 Bluetooth Module

Peter Ellens ellensp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 09:12:23 GMT 2017

Hi Guys

I've been looking into these modules somewhat (I have used them before
but only with 3.3v systems.)

Its seem the Internet is full of much contradictory information
regarding these modules in particular as to their 5v tolerance on the RX
pin on the module. (sadly no surprise there)

It seems that the actual module itself (eg EGBT-046S) is most definitely
not 5v tolerant is 3.3v on the RX pin.
But the common "Arduino" base board it comes on, some have level
shifting on the board and some do not. (Ive not been able to find a cct
for this base board, but I have never seen one with any level shifting)

Can someone with more experience than I with these modules confirm or
deny any of this?

Thanks.

Peter