[chbot] Trading table at Branch 05

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed May 10 07:29:17 BST 2017

Hello everyone,

Just had a request for clarification about donations for the trading
table at Branch 05. Firstly, Branch 05 is our host club, and all
transactions associated with the trading table benefit them. Having said
that, we do get considerable brownie-points for leaving the brown
donations box on the wall fully loaded with money after a Robotics meeting !

In terms of equipment donations, almost anything electrical or
electronic is welcome as long as it will not cost BR05 to dispose of it.
Obvious items that can't be accepted include CRT monitors, CRT TVs, and
printers.

One possible exception is CRT based oscilloscopes, mass spectrometers,
gas chromatographs, scanning electron microscopes, or similar electronic
equipment.

Typical items which are of use, based purely on scrap value include
copper based wire, printed circuit assemblies, aluminum products,
including hard drives, RAM modules, old socketed CPUs, and lead-acid
batteries

Space permitting, BR05 is trying to set the period between trips to the
scrap man at around 8 weeks; this allows at least one opportunity for
all of the monthly guest groups to have a dig-through-the-goodies.

Finally, on behalf of BR05 thank you for equipment and component
donations to date, these have yielded a useful amount of income.

Regards,

Mark