[chbot] [OT] Friday evening fun : Video and Film Geek Hootenanny

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Fri May 5 04:43:52 BST 2017

Completely (?) OT for this group, but it does sound interesting. "The
Christchurch Video and Film Geek Hootenanny is proud to present our
first ever bi-annual invitational hootenanny gimbalympics! The shooters
of Christchurch are challenged to bring their favorite stabilizer with a
camera that shoots to 1080 in a premier friendly format, and with a lens
as close as they can get to full frame 50mm. Participants will
shuffle-walk their way through a grueling gauntlet, with the most stable
performer winning all the glory an event like this has!l There is also a
bar so you lurkers and cowards can sit back and nurse on a drink while
the real women and men push the limits of the human body!"

Exchange Christchurch, 376 Wilsons Road North, Christchurch, New Zealand
8011

Will be most interested in a report from anyone who goes.

Can't attend myself, as I have a blues/jazz date

.-Mark