[chbot] chbot] 18650 Lithium ion re-chargable

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Thu Mar 9 00:14:18 GMT 2017

On Thu 09 Mar 2017 07:59:50 NZDT +1300, Rob de Voer wrote:

> I source my 18650s via AliExpress and found a good supplier of NCR18650B
> 3400mAh batteries (USD 49 per 10).

You forgot the link...

Mind you, this morning the plonkers at aliexpress don't even manage to
log me in, "network error" is all they have to say to the sliding
verification.

> Easy to burn yourself until you get experience with suppliers but AliExpress
> makes it easy to get your money back if products are not what they are made
> out to be.

The dispute resolution is generally good, but a time waster unless the
seller is cooperative. Given a pile of batteries you have bought, how
are you going to test their performance? You can check for the presence
of discharge and overcharge protection circuits. Capacity is already
trickier, but the SkyRC MC3000 battery charger/analyser I showed around
makes that easy[1]. How are you going to check the cells have a safe
construction and won't spontaneously self-combust? Or how many
charge/discharge cycles they will last for?

Volker

[1] http://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_260894.html
USE A THROW-AWAY EMAIL ADDRESS! Or check manufacturer site skyrc.com for
other resellers.