[chbot] Personal Laser Cutter

David I Baird david_baird at trimble.com
Sun Jun 18 22:54:13 BST 2017

Only a passing comments as I only have laser burner (450nm, 2.5W)
experience.

When it comes to burning into MDF v *Clear* perspex there is a major
difference in the power you need to provide (or speed at which you run).
Clear lets all the laser light straight through to your underlying surface.
In fact the only method I have found that works is to use the wrapper of
the perspex or a piece of paper over the material to even get a burn and it
is not nearly as tidy as MDF or other materials.

Also I have found a huge variability in the supplied software used to run
my burner. There is likely to be an additional cost to get something half
decent to do what you actually want off the bat. I used  two pieces of
software; one to create paths and the other to do the driving.

David

*David I Baird*

Regional Construction Support Team Lead (Australasia)
Trimble Support | Trimble New Zealand
+64.3.963.5358 Direct | +64.21.90.2227 Mobile | 603758 VOIP
+64.3.963.5201 Support | Construction_Support at Trimble.com