[chbot] 8 bit discrete logic CPU update

william fleete fleetwil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 13:21:00 BST 2017

I have finally received some working memory for my Ben Eater clone 8 bit CPU and I have a video of it running its first bit of machine code which exercises a lot of the LEDs and most of the modules.

Still a few hardware issues eg switching to halt can corrupt memory (writes the switches to a selected location) and when carry isn't on long enough the jump on (no) carry doesn't execute right or at all

The IO card I made for it works, at least the TTL IO, you can input a value from user input to memory or the A or B register and the output is a duplicate of the output (display) register

Link to the video https://youtu.be/LhoYCXn8XP4
Might eventually get it fully 8 bit with 256 bytes memory

I shall show it off more next meeting

Sent from my iPad