[chbot] Getting parts without huge minimum order

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 21 04:48:44 GMT 2017

On Tue 21 Feb 2017 15:54:51 NZDT +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:

> Hunting for parts again, this time 3off STC3105 battery monitor chips and
> I'm hitting the minimum order problem again with Mouser and Digikey
> (RS-Online & Element14 don't list it) such that $8 of parts finds a $26
> delivery charge.

Yeah, mightily annoying!

If you are not too much in a rush, try Aliexpress, however there's a
large risk of fake stuff.

Search Haoyu - http://www.hotmcu.com/

They're not a trading platform, they only sell their own stuff (like
DX). Their prices are higher than Aliexpress, but I notice that they
have proper descriptions, specifications, and links to datasheets on
their item pages. Shipping may be in the order of 20% of goods value.
E.g.
http://www.hotmcu.com/tp4056-micro-usb-5v-1a-lithium-battery-charger-with-protection-p-176.html

It's not exactly what you're after though.
Uhhmm, looking at the datasheet, not at all, sorry :-( Perhaps they're
useful to someone another time.