[chbot] Deep Cycle Batteries for caravan

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 01:49:41 BST 2017

If you are seeking a charge controller typically the more expensive units are worth the money (if you value reliability and long battery life). The previous comment from Steve regarding LiFePO4 is an excellent point.

I will add that you may want to look at Lead Carbon batteries. Assuming your charge controller is able to re-configured to support them. They are hard to beat for the price. As long as weight is not a big deal they are really a good option for this kind of application. They will do well even if discharged deeply and they offer excellent cycle life.

All that said, if you are not cycling them a lot, then a typical deep cycle gel cells are probably going to work out to be less expensive.

Happy to assist with sourcing any bits for this project, then just flick me a message back.

HTRAX 2013 Revitalised : EGYPTIAN HUMP HTRAX : Direct URL download :
http://henri.shustak.org/download/htrax/egyptian-hump-htrax.mp3
"Dr Who Meets B52's" - More reviews : http://www.jessetaylor.com.au/htrax