[chbot] PB tech sale this weekend

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Aug 4 07:57:27 BST 2017

On Fri 04 Aug 2017 13:09:37 NZST +1200, Michael Field wrote:

> Got a $1 2200mAhr USB power bank from Noel Lemming Morehouse at lunch time, and
> a USB wall charger for $1 too.

Do you happen to know whether it powers loads properly?

I once got some Promate 2500mAh "backup battery", and their power
circuit is so braindead, when the battery charge goes down and falls
below that of the load(e.g. phone), things go the other way and the load
starts powering the power bank... Effectively one can't get a lot of the
charge out of the "power bank". I've heard from a friend in Europe that
there are quite a few of such junk pieces on the market. Just pointing
out...