[chbot] 3d printing filament - best supplier Christchurch

Peter Ellens ellensp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:07:09 BST 2017

Hi Jody

Where is best changes almost monthly...

It also depends what your after?

2.85mm (often called 3mm) or 1.75mm diameter

Common plastics options are
ABS, PLA, PETG, HIPS, PVA... this list is quite long these days

and what quantity? (sold by weight by most suppliers, except diamondage,
NZ made but OTT price wise)

Most recently Ive been buying abs 1.75 from http://reeltoreal.co.nz/
Mostly because it cheap. Seems to print ok. (colours aren't great, a
little washed out, well the red I got is..)
NB they also sell on trademe, but with more expensive shipping

This may all change next month, I know a certain chbot member who is
seriously looking at becoming a filament distributer. Ill let him say
more if he wants to.