[chbot] 18650 battery sources

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 26 01:53:21 BST 2016

On Wed 26 Oct 2016 13:42:17 NZDT +1300, Andrew Errington wrote:

> Just curious.  Why not use a stack of quality NiMH AA cells, such as
> Eneloop?  Easy to source, easy to handle, easy to charge, decent charge
> density, safe.

They can't be arrayed - several in series will destroy some cells at the
discharge limit, unless I put more annoying protection circuitry in
place.

I find NiMH difficult to handle. They're not hands-off, they're painful.

They have 1/3 the voltage, at about the same Ah. Very expensive for the
energy I am looking at.