[chbot] 18650 battery sources

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Oct 26 01:31:12 BST 2016

On Wed 26 Oct 2016 12:54:36 NZDT +1300, Mark Atherton wrote:

> I have also had some level of success with HobbyKing. From the
> appearance of their cells, they may be protected through

Yes, 68mm suggests so, and it's unclear whether they're flat top.

> Jaycar at NZ$25 ea seems pretty steep.

Agreed, especially for no-name low-info on product. Ridiculous.

> Are you building a one-off-project, or a product where you need a
> continuing supply ?

One-off really, chances of repeating or extending it are low. Because
it's not always in use paying for useful quality that can also be used
elsewhere seems worthwhile. Paying anything for rubbish lasting 3 cycles
is sub-optimal...

I am tempted to try whether some of the trademe sellers' promises are
true. If anyone has exprience with any trademe 18650 seller I'd like to
hear.

Thanks,