[chbot] Component links

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 18 05:30:52 BST 2016

A few people asked me yesterday about some of the components I used in
my projects.

PIR sensor
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-HC-SR501-Adjust-Infrared-IR-Pyroelectric-Infrared-PIR-module-Motion-Sensor-Detector-Module-We/1564561530.html
This seller says they're the manufacturer, and not only provides
detailed info about the function of the trimmers and a pinout, but also
a schematic, as opposed to the rest of the clueless hords that provide
absolutely nothing. So support this seller. It's also very very cheap.

There is also a small module
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-HC-SR505-Mini-sensing-module-body-sensing-mode-mini-body-sensor-switch-NEW/32672140669.html
which I haven't tried yet.

Small project boxes:
85x58x33mm Waterproof Clear Cover
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/C18-85x58x33mm-Waterproof-Clear-Cover-Plastic-Electronic-Project-Box-Enclosure-CASE-free-shipping/32226908601.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Plastic-Waterproof-Clear-Cover-Electronic-Project-Box-Enclosure-Case-85-58-33MM/2025247551.html
They come with and without flange.
Search for the size, or parts of that.
For other sizes you have to somehow find out what the sizes are that are
offered with a more general search, then search for the size you want in
multiple ways, sometimes they're 1-2mm different...

ABS box, suitable for mains voltage
80*110*45mm, sealed, clear lid
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Good-Quality-ABS-Material-Clear-Cover-IP66-Waterproof-Tool-Box-80-110-45mm/32522191725.html
They actually shipped a Saipwell box, but don't specify it.

Saipwell looks like a large Chinese manufacturer of good quality ABS
boxes.

Twiddle knobs, uhm rotary encoders. The cheap ones seem to work, at
least at the beginning...
With push switch, in 15mm and 20mm shaft length (one is shorter, but
check how they measure that one).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS-LOT-Original-Rotary-encoder-code-switch-EC11-digital-potentiometer-with-switch-5Pin-handle-length-20mm/32686611614.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS-LOT-Original-Rotary-encoder-code-switch-EC11-digital-potentiometer-with-switch-5Pin-handle-length-15mm/32685033240.html
-
Plastic shafts were available, but very hard to find and incur a lot of
searching. Links posted earlier by Mark A.

The above places are only representative, there are others selling the
same.

Ask if there's any other bit I haven't mentioned.