[chbot] Earth issues

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Tue Nov 22 04:28:28 GMT 2016

The one thing that frightens me here, is that the mains powered scope
has had it's earth removed.
It was designed to have an earth for safety.

Earth it and then work out what circuits will be affected by placing an
earthed scope probe onto them.
Generally a capacitor in series with the earth side of the probe will
allow AC voltages to be seen, but possibly not measured correctly.

There is no earth on a Laptop, and therefore you can have bad situations
occur.
You can easily earth the metal contact point to ensure it doesn't float.

Mark