[chbot] FPGA Topic ...

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Tue Nov 15 03:28:46 GMT 2016

Sorry Andy, Quartus runs on Linux too.. but you have to sort out
things like udev rules for the programming interface by yourself :-)

would love to attend too, but not sure I will be able to for family
reasons.

The only Altera board I still have is something like this
el-cheapo AliExpress board.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-ALTERA-FPGA-EP2C5T144C8N-fpga-board-USB-BLASTER-fpga-development-board-fpga-altera-board/793643076.html

However I can lend 'quite a few' of a competing vendor's products if
anybody would like to eyeball them in the flesh. A few smaller Artix-7
boards, a few Zynq boards , up to one with a chip that costs $2.5k at
Digikey on it...

Mike

On 15.11.2016 16:15, Andy ZL3AG wrote:

> You
have to use Windows to program FPGA's? Gaaaaaaa.

> Other than that
dealbreaker, I'm interested.

Atherton wrote:

>> Steve, I will take a look at the email reflector,
but your messages are getting through OK as far as I can make out.
Personally, yes, an FPGA evening would be most interesting, and there
should be little problem securing the BR05 clubroom for an evening.
Several of us have bought DE0-nano boards. I also have a DE0-SOC (ARM9 +
FPGA), which needs to get dusted down. Probably need to get those
interested to bring their own laptops with Quartus installed; Steve, can
you furnish us with a list of prerequisites (and versions) otherwise we
will spend the evening getting PCs configured. BR05 has three win7
machines, and a couple of win7 notebooks/external 22" LCDs available, so
maybe five seats. What sorts of number are you hoping for ? Who else in
the group would be interested in an FPGA evening ? -- please register
interest here. Regards, Mark