[chbot] Ordering from element14

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jul 31 04:36:49 BST 2016

On Sun 31 Jul 2016 15:11:59 NZST +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:

> Do I need an account to order from element14 ?

Probably, and it's advisable anyway. They might even give you better
pricing, especially if you make it look like a business (easy). You can
open that online, and talk with them about making that a business. If
you say you want credit card payment terms instead of the business-type
20th of blabla it's much easier.

You want an online account in any case, so you can easily put in quote
requests for better prices, especially if you need quantity.

Don't know about RS, but imagine it's much the same.

> Also, does anyone know a type number or range for a cheap solid state
> relay or opto triac that can switch up to 2A at 30v AC from a TTL (5v)
> input?

The SSDs mentioned in this place some while ago, Fotek, have 32Vac
switch models. They all appear to be opto-isolated-controls with IGBT
load switching, sometimes with zerocross-detector and snubber
integrated, regardless of make. 2A is basically nothing. As you're not
having any electrical safety issues have a search on aliexpress.

HTH,