[chbot] links referenced at last nights meeting

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Tue Jul 19 06:15:58 BST 2016

Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> On Tue 19 Jul 2016 13:01:51 NZST +1200, Mark Beckett wrote:
>

>> http://tech.scargill.net/itead-slampher-and-sonoff/
>>

> That looks very promising. And like a lot of work... Does the whole
> toolchain run on Linux? I don't think I'd get into anything else myself.

I don't know.
I haven't purchased any and as I said I've sent a query to someone.!
Please feel free to not use any of the information if you feel it will
comprimise your preferences.

> With wifi embedded in cheap devices I'd have a big security question
> too. The LIFX smartbulb was found to be leaking the wifi password...
> d'oh.
>
> But it's definitely interesting and very definitely cheap.
>

>> http://www.dx.com/p/ir-infrared-motion-detection-sensor-module-dc-5v-20v-139624#.V411v6Ka5Bl
>>

> Thanks, as long as it works... I have it in the back of my head that
> digital PIR sensors were expensive. I have some used leftovers worth
> almost $50 ea at E14...
>

 >>  As long as it works.????
Do you actually think I'd publish an article, demonstrate something and
send a post showing what I used and hide that it didn't work ...please
give me some credit Volker.!

>> Adding a small battery could be rather useful.
>> Looking forward to seeing your version at a meeting.
>>

> I was thinking big... Put a car battery (or larger SLA/lithium) in a
> central place, put emergency lighting through the house. Control by PIR
> and mains power failure. Brightness control (PWM?) could be useful to
> ramp it up while mains supplied, and to adjust brightness later without
> soldering iron.
>

>> http://www.dx.com/p/lcd1602-adapter-board-w-iic-i2c-interface-black-works-with-official-arduino-boards-216865#.V411c6Ka5Bl
>>

> Interesting + useful. Do they work? What API do they provide?

Do they work??? ... same answer as above Volker.!!

They are a I2C interface.
I put this into Google      liquidcrystal_I2C     and got 38,000

However this link was for Colin as we were the ones having the
discussion and he already had the parallel version display.

Mark