[chbot] [OT] heat pump installer

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Dec 17 18:31:43 GMT 2016

Several people asked me to post final details of our installation, and
experience with our chosen installer.

We used Dimock in Sydenham (as did the BR05 radio club).

Easy, straightforward person to deal with. He did what he said he was
going to do, on time, on cost, using professional sub-contractors. Good
communicator.

Ended up with a single 8kW outdoor unit, and a pair of indoor units.
Fujitsu with 6 year standard warranty.

Whole installation took 5 hrs with two technicians.

Budgeted about $7k for the job, final price was under $4.8k, complete.

I am sure we could have shopped around for a better price, but the
radio-club have had no issues with their installation after 12 months,
and service is more important to us than price in the case.

Quite happy with this job.

See you Monday eve.

-Mark