[chbot] USB2 vs USB3 ports

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 7 19:00:22 GMT 2016

http://www.slscorp.com/products/development-boards/usb-3-0-development-board.html

Depends on the question you ask :)

---------

The real answer may be that USB2 is almost ubiquitous in PC (and MAC)
land, whereas USB3 is relatively new. Companies supplying dev-kits may
be able to provide cheaper hardware, to a wider audience with USB2,
unless there is a compelling reason that USB3 is required.

Presumably USB3 will take over from USB2 in the fullness of time, but we
are also at an interesting point in history where mobile devices are
starting (?) to dominate the computing market. Not sure how a mobile
device might implement USB3 OTG WRT to the increased power delivery
requirement(?) of 5V/900mA.

Anyway, just a thought...

-Mark