[chbot] Cruising aliexpress again!!

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Thu Sep 24 00:12:25 BST 2015

> I believe there is a port of the arduino IDE to program those STM32
> boards.
> Lets see if I can find a link. Hey look, and entire forum:
> http://www.stm32duino.com/index.php
>
> I'm currently trying to set up a toolchain for the STM32F4 in eclipse, and
> am not having much luck....
>
> Geoffrey

I try to avoid the Arduino stuff as much as possible!!

I've had a play with gcc-arm-non-eabi and newlib-arm-non-eabi .deb
packages and a sample project under BeRTOS compiles OK under both AVR and
stm32 (cortex-m3). The .hex file for the arm is about 10% larger (only
doing some basic LCD, I2C, serial comms) so quite happy with that!!

--
Robin Gilks