[chbot] Bluetooth and traffic licghts

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:22:34 BST 2015

This has been going on for ages.... pretty well known really. This is also
how Google and others gathers live traffic info.

They're not hacking you or anything like that. You're voluntarily
broadcasting the info and they're just tracking it. They don't listen to or
analyse the inter-device transmissions or attempt to attach to the BT
device. They just listen for the "I'm here" BT beacon transmissions
(similar to the wifi SSID transmissions).

Take off your tinfoil hat....  You already have had machine readable unique
ids on your car for decades. They're called number plates.