[chbot] Another supply question - bending thin wall channel

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Thu Jan 15 21:56:46 GMT 2015

> Alternatively, just cut out two donuts from sheet, plus a rectangular
> strip for the bottom. Bend the strip to Form a cylinder and weld the rings
> to either side. Would that work?

I've taken half of this advice :)

The donut is in 3 sections to reduce material waste (I was able to use
offcuts) and just a single one which I can put slipper blocks each side
of. The drum now looks like this...
   http://gilks.ath.cx/gallery/index.php/Nuts/IMG_3431

So I'm now after a couple of PTFE (or maybe even Nylon?) blocks to put
each side of it.

Only need to be about 20x30mm and as thick as required to hide a couple of
countersunk screws!

--
Robin Gilks
Internet: robin at gilks.org    http://www.gilks.org