[chbot] [OT] tracking party balloons :)

Chris Hellyar chris at trash.co.nz
Thu Jan 8 03:36:56 GMT 2015

There have been some very successful Picob balloon launches by some Aussies..

I managed to decode the 2m APRS from the July 2014 one as it passed over on it's way to Brazil, although couldn't hear the beacon on 432Mhz at all..

[ https://www.amateurradio.com.au/news/vk-balloon-reaches-brazil ]( https://www.amateurradio.com.au/news/vk-balloon-reaches-brazil )

[ https://www.amateurradio.com.au/news/another-vk-pico-balloon-test-flight ]( https://www.amateurradio.com.au/news/another-vk-pico-balloon-test-flight )

Cheers, Chris H.