[chbot] New meeting venue for CHCH Robotics group

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Aug 26 09:19:18 BST 2015

Hi All,

Spoke with Ian MacPherson (President, BR05) last night. He indicated
that we may use BR05 on the third Monday of the month for the remainder
of this year as our new home. Good possibility that this location will
turn into our-new-home providing we don't wreck the place :)

For those who haven't visited this venue yet, the location is quite
centrally located within CHCH, and the former home of a scout group. The
facility comprises quite a large building, easy off-road parking, large
meeting area, complete with chairs, trestle tables, video projector,
kitchen, and toilets etc.

Main meeting area also has quite a technical library, four sofas, and
some comfy-chairs. Facility also has wired and wireless internet with
minimal firewall restrictions.

We need to re-instigate gold-coin collections for these meetings. For
each meeting, collected money to be placed in an envelope marked with
date, number of robotics members present, and number of BR05 members
present. Then place the envelope in the donations box above the junk
table area.

In terms of ad-hoc meetings, the request is still on the table, and will
be addressed later in the year by BR05.

Our magnificent and comprehensive(?) web site, kiwibots.org has been
updated to reflect these changes.

Regards,

Mark Atherton
Richard Jones