[chbot] Contemplating the purchase of a (cheap) inspection microscope

Keith Colson next at pitstock.com
Sun Sep 28 04:09:37 BST 2014

I use magnification a lot and I have 3 main items I use. Here they are

1) Jaycar head mounted magnifier visor. I use this mostly as its quick,
cheap and convenient.
2) Dentist loupe. these are really handy and you have a 400mm working
distance which leaves a lot of room.
3) Olympus stereo zoom microscope. This awesome for the really fine
stuff and it lets you measure stuff too. FYI 10x is too much for a lot
of work so you really need a microscope that can got to 7x or less for
electronics.

I have some dentist loupes mounted on snake flex I can let go cheap if
you want. Just mount it to your work bench

Cheers
Keith