[chbot] The small micro board with everything?

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 14 13:30:58 BST 2014

On Tue 09 Sep 2014 17:27:38 NZST +1200, Michael Field wrote:

> http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/LinkIt-ONE-p-2017.html - US$80

Contains a Mediatek CPU. Mediatek is known to not supply datasheets for
their CPUs used in android devices so android derivatives (e.g.
cyanogenmod) can be ported. Remember their GPS silicon needs to be
primed with proprietary binary data on a regular basis (< 30 days).

The SDK for that board can supposedly be downloaded from their so-called
website, if that wasn't self-destructing with a grails runtime error and
stack trace on submission of the registration form. Impossible to find
out if the SDK even runs on my computer. Mediatek and open source
doesn't sound like a working combination.

My initial assessment: electronic junk. ARM chips from NXP etc will
waste less time.