[chbot] A Practical Guide to installing Solar PV

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 23:44:43 BST 2014

A Practical Guide to installing Solar PV - Proposed talk by Peter Harris

We know that there is a lot of interest in Solar Photo Voltaic and the
associated control circuits judging by the amount of time spent in
meetings and resulting discussion on the email list regarding
electrical safety. So I propose that we ask Peter to do a non-sales
presentation about the theory and technology involved, time bound to
about 20 minutes. Then questions to follow. We could schedule Peters
presentation as the last of the formal ones, that way everyone who has
something more on topic has a chance to present. Thoughts anyone? I'm
quite keen to attend as I am installing more panels myself.

Also at the next meeting I would like to propose that we agree on
provisional calendar dates, times and venues for meetings for the rest
of the year. It is really hard to get new people along when you can't
tell them where and when the next meeting is. Please could venue
controllers come prepared for that.

Where, when and what time is the next meeting, and when does it finish?

Richard