[chbot] 50-70mm diameter disks

Winston Wealleans winstonhw at clear.net.nz
Fri Nov 28 01:04:38 GMT 2014

At 12:30 p.m. 28/11/2014, you wrote:
>On Thu 27 Nov 2014 14:33:38 NZDT +1300, Winston Wealleans wrote:
>
> > Give Carl Pavletich ... a call.
> > http://www.fablabxchc.org.nz/welcome/
>
>That looks very interesting.
>Where would I buy the plastic sheet material from, in small quantities?
>Usually it's sold as 1.2x2.4m, I'd need maybe 400x600mm.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Volker
Award have a laser cutter. I needed something cut and approached
them. The rep who handles the cutter wouldn't come out to discuss.
Through the receptionist he expected me to hand over the file and
he'd send me a quote. Not interested in discussing the feasibility or
anything else. Piss poor service.

I like the idea of getting the cutting done by fablabxchc. You can
discuss things with the guy who does the cutting. Their prices will
be far better than the usual suspects.

Hop along tomorrow to see how they do things.

Fab Lab XCHC - Open Day
Saturday, November 29, 2014
11:00 AM
XCHC
376 Wilsons Road North
Christchurch

I've bought bits off these:

Dotmar Universal Plastics
http://www.dotmar.co.nz
111 Wrights Road, Middleton, Christchurch
Phone: 338 0525

LEP ENGINEERING PLASTICS LTD
formerly part of Mulford Plastics
http://www.mulford.co.nz/