[chbot] New Robotics Group Venue Choices

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 29 04:05:15 BST 2014

On Thu 29 May 2014 10:56:04 NZST +1200, Richard Jones wrote:

Thanks Richard.

> compelling. Lets say try the July / August meetings at the Dovedale
> Campus. Is there support for this view?

Yes, sounds good.

> that has to be collected / paid. We could schedule some RASPOG
> (Robitics Android Spin Off Group) meetings there.

With a stated interest of two so far the location doesn't matter so much
and facilities are easy - gather two pairs of eyes around a laptop
screen. ;-)

Finding something on uni campus boils down to good information. A
building name may mean everything to the initiated, everyone else
doesn't honestly care. Useful only to verify if one stands in front of
it. Much more useful is an appropriate geo coordinate that works on open
street map or google maps and it's pretty clear, or a street address if
it's clear (often that's not the case). Shame on us if we can't handle
that. I guess more students would turn up if it is on campus, especially
in the winter months.

Money shouldn't be the issue, if everyone was to leave a small gold coin
it'd be impossible to use that much power. Buildings are more expensive
than that, so how about passing on the lot to the ARC. Let's try and
avoid fixed membership fees for the trouble.

If we want to try the android meeting on a different monday then we'd
have two meetings a month. Good for me.