[chbot] New Robotics Group Venue Choices

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Wed May 28 23:56:04 BST 2014

I've just received a very friendly phone call from Rory Deans about
the possibility of using the Christchurch Amateur Radio Club premises
at 5 Idris Road for Robotics Group meetings (thanks to Andy Gardner
for setting this in motion). The accommodation price is unknown, could
be free, gold coin donation or something else.  The amateur radio club
are in the process of moving in and have not formalised arrangements
for other groups yet but would be keen to have us. Also there is the
possibility that we could have some storage there.

So now the big questions.

Corey has offered us nomadic rooms at the university campus and will
open up/ close down for us. I would like to have some meetings there
to see how it goes. Inviting some students to come along seems quite
compelling. Lets say try the July / August meetings at the Dovedale
Campus. Is there support for this view?

Is anyone in the Robotics group also a Christchurch Amateur Radio Club
member and able to offer to be responsible for the Idris Road room?
This would involve either holding a key, or knowing how to get and
return the key. Make sure the room is at least a good as we found it
before leaving. Turn off heating etc. Be responsible for any money
that has to be collected / paid. We could schedule some RASPOG
(Robitics Android Spin Off Group) meetings there.

Thoughts / Offers anyone?

Richard