[chbot] Proposal, RASPOG - (Robotics Android SPin Off Group)

Spencer Travers spencer.travers at gmail.com
Tue May 27 06:08:20 BST 2014

Volker, have you considered a Nexus android device? These are designed for
development and can be rooted without any software hacks. You just need to
hold a special key combination when powering up the device. They are more
expensive than the cheap Chinese phones though. I have a Galaxy Nexus that
is a couple of years old now and I have found it very good. Also, you just
get 'vanilla' android without any manufacturer specific crapware. As the
reference android hardware they are also well supported by apps.

Cheap, easily rooted, full featured hardware - pick any two!

Spencer