[chbot] Arduino control from phone

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed May 21 07:47:54 BST 2014

On Wed 21 May 2014 18:07:18 NZST +1200, follower wrote:

> Interesting, similar to what I was doing with Handbag:
> <http://handbagdevices.com/>

That looks good too, but do I understand correctly that it will only
connect the phone to arduino via USB cable? Which explains why no
extra hardware is needed.

Of course it should work over bluetooth and wifi too, if it was
implemented.

> I worked on a version that used WiFi also but don't think I released
> it because I got frustrated with the flakiness of the USB support and
> moved onto other things. :)

Wouldn't the flakiness of USB support encourage the move to
wifi/bluetooth?!??

Bluetooth should take much less power on the phone.