[chbot] Ribbon cable repair

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sun May 18 23:18:30 BST 2014

Gidday All,
  I have a fantastic lens that was dammaged by a small person dropping it
some years ago. Finally I got the parts to fix it, but it turns out that a
ribbon cable was (must have been) dammaged as well. Canon being the good
people that they are will only replace the whole innards (ie the lense)
and not supply a ribbon cable...
  Soo, anyone an expert at repairing them? I would much rather someone with
a steady hand and plenty of experience did it than me, being my fav. lens
and all 8) .
  Lens is 10-22mm EFS, ribbon cable is iris control.

Thanks all.

Jasper